• Deadline to nominate Man, Woman, Small/Large Business of the Year is Friday.
The Angier Chamber of Commerce’s 62nd annual Awards Banquet will be held at Barclay Villa on Tuesday, March 6, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Now is the time to get your nominations in for Man, Woman, and/or Small and Large Business of the Year. Email angiercc@ angierchamber.org or stop by 24 E. Depot St., Angier, for an application.
Tickets are $30 for members of the chamber and $40 for nonmembers.
Included in the price of the tickets is entertainment along with a catered buffet meal.
The Angier Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce our entertainment for this year’s annual banquet. Referred to often as a modern-day Renaissance woman, Yolanda Rabun is also a charttopping national soul and jazz recording artist with three studio albums and has played or headlined festivals in Hawaii, South Korea, Japan and the States. She has performed in front of sold-out crowds at Blues Alley Jazz in Washington, D.C., Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood, Calif., and New York’s Lincoln Center and collaborated with the late soul singer Isaac Hayes, “American Idol’s” Clay Aiken, and opened for Grammy and Tony award winners, Jennifer Holiday and Stephanie Mills, Ron Isley, the Isley Brothers, KEM and Sheila E.
Yolanda has also performed for the late and former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and serenaded N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper and his dinner guests for a private concert at the Executive Mansion.
In several noted plays, Yolanda has accolades of Best Actress (“Archy and Mehitabel,” “Member of the Wedding”) and Best Ensemble (“Twelfth Night,” “Crowns,” “I Love My Hair”) to her credit.
Recognized by President Obama with the President’s Call to Service Award for having accumulated 4,000-plus lifetime hours in service, Yolanda has dedicated her time to several community organizations: Girl Scouts of America Summer Leadership Camp, Raleigh Little Theater (Former Board President), Habitat for Humanity, Safe Horizon, Arts & Health at Duke, The Art of Cool Project and NC Arts in Action in addition to serving the U.S. troops with her voice overseas.
Do you know a man, woman, small or large business that you feel makes a difference in the Angier community? If so, now is the time of year where we want to recognize those people and businesses by selecting them for Man, Woman, Small and Large Business of the Year. The Man or Woman of the Year does not have to be a chamber member, but the small and large business does. Help us make these selections by emailing angiercc@angierchamber. org for a nomination form. Nomination deadline is Friday.
This week the chamber highlights Uncommon Care, Kidz Pediatrics, and C& D Insurance Service.
• Uncommon Care is located in southeastern Wake County and has been there since April of 2009. They have just opened a second location in Raleigh on Ten Ten Road. The Angier community is important to them and they consider themselves fortunate to be able to care for their friends and neighbors in the community in which they live. Their experience in North Carolina medicine allows them a number of options regarding specialty referral in the area.
Uncommon Care is located at 9633 Bitter Melon Drive, Angier, and can be reached by calling 919- 639-9500.
• Kidz Pediatrics is a locally owned and operated practice dedicated to promoting the health and development of children from infancy to young adulthood. They provide comprehensive, high quality pediatric care to children by supporting and empowering families in the efforts to raise healthy, happy children. Over the years, the practice has grown and expanded to better serve their many patients and their families in the area. Their mission is to provide quality care in a timely manner to newborns and patients up to 21 years old. They offer same day appointment and walkins for sick patients, ear piercing, physical exams, immunizations, diagnosis and management of asthma and ADHD.
Kidz Pediatrics is located at 285 W. Dora St., Angier, and can be contacted by calling 919-6399995.
• The founders of C& D Insurance Service opened the doors for business in 1957 and sold it to an employee, Jim Burgin, in 1989. Mr. Burgin has assembled a great team of insurance agents and support staff and expanded the reach of the business as far east as the coast, as far west as the Great Smoky Mountains, and even into South Carolina. They offer may types of insurance including personal, commercial, life, and health and even offer annuities.
C& D Insurance Service is located at 53 S. Broad St. East, Angier, and can be reached by calling 919-639-2990.
Golf Ball Drop
The Angier Lions Club will host its annual Golf Ball Drop on Saturday, March 3, beginning at 10 a.m. Tickets are $5 each. Firstplace prize is $500 and secondplace prize is $100. Call 919-6694307 for tickets. Proceeds will go to help qualified individuals receive eye exams and glasses.
The Angier Lions Club supports the Boys and Girls Home, the MIRA Foundation (seeing eye dogs), Camp Dogwood, Clinical Research for the Blind, and many others.
Grand Opening And Ribbon Cutting Coming Up
Legacy Designs and GraphX is coming to Angier later this month. Stay tuned for a grand opening and ribbon cutting date.
• Airbrushing — designs and photos onto motorcycles and helmets;
• Window graphics — perforated vinyl that can be seen from inside out, but not outside in. Great way to display a design and protect the inside view of your vehicle, store, or anything with a window;
• Corn Hole Boards — boards made to regulation standards which comes with a complete set of bags. Can be designed with decals or a wrap. Boards also have an option to have under lighting added for fun at night;
• Clothing — original or new designs, whether your own design or one they draw up, will be printed onto T-shirts, sweatshirts or long sleeve shirts using the highest quality clothing and print machines;
• Decals — have an image in mind? Need some lettering done? Whether you need assistance with design, or have one of your own, they can make it happen. They also make decals for vehicles or storefronts.
Legacy Designs and GraphX will be located 33 E. Depot St. and can be reached by calling 910-2639645.
Business After Hours
The Angier Chamber of Commerce announces that Business After Hours is back. APW Flooring located at 725 N. Raleigh St. will host the first one of the year on Tuesday, March 27, from 5:30 until 7 p.m. Hope to see you there!
ANGIER CHAMBER SPOTLIGHT