Country on the Outskirts of Town will perform Friday, Feb. 10, at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 11, at 6 p.m. at Johnson Properties located at 48 Progressive Parkway, Angier. Tickets are $30 each which includes a catered buffet meal and two hours of live entertainment. To purchase tickets, call (919) 427-9498 or (919) 6392231.
Member Of The Month
Our Chamber Member of the Month for January is Brick and Mortar Grill.
Brick and Mortar Grill opened in 2014 in Downtown Angier. Jim and Lori Nicholson, BMG’s owners, strive to give their patrons a unique dining experience with a welcoming atmosphere and homemade meals. They are located at 8 N. Broad St. East, Angier, and can be reached by calling (919) 639-9700. Thanks for all you do for the community!
CCCC Seminars, Webinars
Central Carolina Small Business Center will offer free seminars and webinars in January:
• Facebook Paid Ads for Business Owners (webinar) on Tuesday, Jan. 17, from 6 until 7:30 p.m. Now that Facebook is showing less and less of business pages it is time to learn the real power of Facebook ads as it has over 1.49 billion monthly users. With less than 3 percent of your customers seeing your posts on Facebook today, it is more useful to view Facebook as a powerful paid advertising platform than a free social media site. With Facebook ads, you can display your best content in front of key customers that have clearly self-identified themselves as good customers by their interest on Facebook. You can get started with Facebook ads with as little as a few dollars per ad.
• Crowdfunding 101 (webinar) on Tuesday, Jan. 24, from 6 until 7:30 p.m.
Ever wonder how projects get funded through sites like Kickstarter and GoFundMe? Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a small business venture or project by raising money from a large number of people, typically from the internet. This seminar will teach you the basics of choosing a platform, managing a campaign, collecting money and engaging your supporters.
• Taxes for Your Business (seminar) on Thursday, Jan. 26, from 6 until 8 p.m. at Triangle South. This seminar will cover basic record keeping and taxation for small businesses; including federal and state taxes, employment taxes, depreciation, deductible expenses, record keeping systems and software, financial statements and resources for small businesses. There will be time allowed for questions and answers.
• Craft Your Money Making Message (webinar) on Thursday, Jan. 26, from 1 until 2:30 p.m. Behind every money-making business is a money-making message. In this webinar, the instructor will discuss how to create marketing messages that set you apart from your competition. You will also learn how to use language to attract more of the right customers to you.
• Building a Sustainable Social Media Strategy (webinar) on Tuesday, Jan. 31, from 1 until 2:30 p.m.
Are you tired and frustrated at chasing down the latest social media marketing tactic without knowing whether or not it’s worth your time and investment? During this webinar you’ll discover a simple, practical approach for putting together a goal-oriented social media strategy. Learn the three key areas of your business that can be most heavily impacted by social media as well as how to turn tangible business goals into actionable social media strategies and tactics.
Call (910) 892-2884 to pre-register or register online at www. harnettsbc.com.
Children’s Benefit March 31
The Harnett County Partnership for Children invites you to a Black Tie and Blue Jeans Children’s Benefit on Friday, March 31, from 6 p.m. until midnight at the Regency in Dunn. It will be an evening of dinner, drinks, auctions and dancing. Tickets are $40 per person or $75 per couple.
The event will feature live entertainment by CBMA Group of the Year, Black Water Rhythm and Blues Band. All proceeds will benefit Harnett County Partnership for Children programs and the children of Harnett County.
For more information about the Harnett County Partnership for Children and its programs, visit www.harnettsmartstart.org.
Town Hall Hours Changing
The Angier Town Hall’s hours of operation will change to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. effective Feb. 1.
ANGIER CHAMBER SPOTLIGHT