Raven Rock State Park will offer a Nature Designs Art Festival and Earth Day Celebration Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The program is free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The Nature Designs Art Festival is an official event of the 2017 North Carolina Science Festival presented by the Biogen Foundation.
This new event spotlights works of art and design found in nature. Learning and creation stations will be setup within walking distance from each other throughout the park. Take a story walk, create tree art, investigate the designs of spider webs, make nature crafts, nature journaling, enjoy the Forest Puppet Theater and so much more. Included in this event will be exhibits celebrating Earth Day.
The amphitheater schedule:
• 10 a.m. — Animal Folk Songs & Tales by Jon Sundell
• 11 a.m. — Different Drum — World Percussion and Stories
• Noon — Environmental Parade with Alex Weiss of Different Drum
• 12:15 p.m. — Animal Folk Songs & Tales by Jon Sundell
• 1 p.m. — Puppet theater presents the story “Owl Babies” by Martin Waddell The North Carolina Forest Service will present “Goods from the Woods.” This fun, interactive activity will begin at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
There will be a “Nature Journaling Hike with Jeannine Reese.” Learn to keep a nature journal with this professional nature journaler at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Supplies will be furnished.
Friends of Raven Rock will sell hot dogs, chips, sodas and snacks. They will only accept cash.
There will be face painting at the Visitor Center.
A number of exhibitors will be in attendance from the Harnett County Beekeepers Association and Harnett County Master Gardeners to the N.C. Forest Services and Smokey the Bear and the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences. There will be interactive stations, games and crafts for all ages.
The event will take place rain or shine.
Raven Rock State Park is located six miles west of Lillington off U.S. 421 North. For more information, call (910) 893-4888.